Saturday, May 31, 2014

Peachtree Jr.

For the last six years Stormy and has run the Peachtree Jr. (3K) here in Atlanta.
After the age of 12 they can run the Peachtree Road Race (the world's largest 10K) on the fourth of July. 
Because she has run all six of them she had a group photo made with other runners 
that have done the same thing.
It will be at the Atlanta Track club and on their site.


The settings on the camera were set between each other so the photos of her were all wonky :/
I was not happy when I looked down and realized it either.
I adjusted in Lightroom the best I could.
Still not happy but it is what it is ;)

Stoney on the hand, they were much better. Both of the 
above shots are of them coming across the finish line. This was his
second Peachtree Jr. So proud of them both!

This year they had some Olympic Track & Field medalists on hand.
Stormy had signed up for Shot put on her middle school Olympics day. We were
in luck. They had one on hand and he was great with the kids.
She did great too. 
(She ended up placing 2nd for the sixth grade ;)



They ran a 50 yard dash afterwards and she barely beat him.

And this year it will be a family affair. Matt has run the Peachtree for about 12 years.
This year I am running my first! Oh Lordie, what have I gotten  myself into?
I can do it. I ran my first 5K recently and I didn't finish last and I 
didn't go home in an ambulance. ;) Hahaha!

Of course it wouldn't be a Peachtree Jr. if Uncle Zach wasn't there.
My brother has come to all six of Stormy's races. He drives over from AL early 
that morning each year. It is a tradition and we are so glad he makes the trip!
geez ... look how tall she is getting.


We are one week into Summer vacation and could not be happier!
Hope everyone is well.

Be a blessing to someone today!
xo

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails